Friday, October 16, 2009
This is Not a Bill
Do you hate those things? My increased heart rate, anger, and frustration was only temporary and the payoff for perseverance was high so it was a good morning. After the very usual, highly irritating, automatic phone message, complete with bogus menus, questionable member, client, group, ID, etc etc number quest, being transferred, disconnected and generally beat up, the voice that finally sounded on the end of the phone is "over riding" the decision to deny my vaccinations and will pay my doctor the $55.00 surprise co-pay that I had already sent in for my yearly check up. Something about coding the EKG wrong. There's $219. Not bad for perseverance. But really, I'm sure it's the political climate. Medica wants its members happy for the time being, at least during the health care vote. I can't believe that they honestly wanted to pay these denied costs. Why can't it be black and white? If my policy says preventative, and the immunization clinic called, why do I have to do this? Single payer, where are you? Hurry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment