Travel
It was a bit audacious but we stuffed the luggage into Mauricio’s Itzubishi and made for the airport via the post office to send a second package (I don’t even remember what it has, but it must be important). No problem to check 2 bags apiece as I had already paid by internet and we lugged the 2 carry ons each to security. Did the pat down this time as the machine gives me the creeps. Not bad, I told her she’d have a future in massage. Poor x ray couldn’t get through the Vita Mix so they took everything out of that bag. All the electronics. Have to say all the security people were very kind and patient. Words I never could have never used before.
In Veracruz it was a dream. Yes, we pushed the button and got red, but the guys were very fast and polite in going through the luggage. They thought the wooden train set was pretty cute, were surprised at the electric drill, amused by the snorkels, but didn't find any of whatever it was they were looking for. To end the day on another upper, the mini bus to Xalapa was still at the airport. That has never happened before. When we thought it couldn’t get any better Roberto had to return 1 of the 2 taxi tickets he bought in Xalapa because all the luggage fit into one!
Family
Dora’s in Monterrey getting her eye attended to. It’s a nerve condition that’s getting better with magnets.
Carmen’s here in the house with us along with her dog Candy who’s getting older and feebler by the minute. She just eats puree of tortillas and chicken stock.
Ran into nephew Pepe, his wife Oralia and son Diego at the movies! They came home with us and Diego immediately took to the IKEA train set. He used the plastic IKEA tool set to fix the cars when they got stuck! Very good purchases. Not too happy about clean time up but we're beginning a routine.
Brother-in-law Diego came over last night but I don’t know too much because it was way past my bedtime!
Food
Loved the first day Roberto and I went to get food for Carmen’s comida. Neighbor Elia said we didn’t have to go all the way to the Rotunda. There are many small puestos in the neighborhood! We even got recipe advice from a fellow shopper. Who knows what they thought of the lone male amongst them who obviously knew what he was doing. It was great to see neighbor women calmly chatting while waiting to purchase. Even the local dog was a friend to several ladies. I love being able to walk short or long distances to get so much. Made agua de piña and salsa and chocolate so far with the mixer. Will get the directions for crema de cacahuate cuz I haven't found the natural kind.
Movie
Saw the latest 3D Narnja movie with Roberto and Carmen Wed night. I think we’ll make Wed movies a habit. Just saw Green Dragon on tv about 1975 Vietnamese refugees very well done.
Cable/Internet
Yes, internet! Soon it will be wireless. Roberto drew plans for a carpenter to make a secretary desk for the computer, modem and whatever else. It will be low so I can sit on the exercise ball!
Exercise
Carmen showed me her zumba tape. It’s really fun and there’s a group just a block from the house at 7pm Mon – Thurs. I'll look into going. There’s also a gym nearby. I’m thinking more Roberto. My short am pm yogas are a staple. Feel proud to have 3 days in a row.
Curtains You know who you are - the interested ones! Got black out curtains for the front rooms! What a difference. Will get some for our room too.
Holidays We'll be here for Christmas and Veracruz for New Years. I'll have the Veracruz family news then.
Skype Just talked to Krista in Vienna!

No comments:
Post a Comment