Thursday, July 9, 2009

Getting Beautiful

June 23rd



It’s probably a cross-cultural experience that’s once in a lifetime for me. Accompanying Muthoni for her do I was game for a little, miniature do myself. Going on blind trust I really didn’t think Rose, stylist extraordinaire, was going to add extensions to each sq centimeter on my head! Apparently with this straight hair it’s the only option. I’m not sure that’s true, but what do I know? She is fabulous. Her assistant too, and we had a great time. I’m so very out of my comfort area I’m quite surprised others don’t stare at the weird white person, but it’s normal here. There are a million beautiful braid dos. Now I appreciate what went into them. In reclined mountain pose my head never touches the mat. My braids pile up to make a pillow under my neck.


New clothes June 23rd
I’m having 2 dresses made. Seamstresses need to earn a living, too. I loved it as Rhonda measured me and called out the numbers to her helper. On one dress I’m having a special collar added – the round, heavily embroidered US$7 kind. The cutting and sewing is about $13.00 per dress (skirt and top) and fabric about $3. It’s market quality fabric, but washing on gentle and keeping my same figure I should be good to go for quite some awhile.

1 comment:

  1. I can attest that Ann's new "do" looks fabulous - and her new wardrobe too!

    ReplyDelete